A queer revisionist retelling of the story of Hercules, for fans of The Song of Achilles, A Thousand Ships and Ariadne.
This should be the story of Hercules: his twelve labours, his endless adventures… everyone’s favorite hero, right?
Well, it’s not.
This is the story of everyone else:
- Alcmene: Herc’s mother (She has knives everywhere)
- Hylas: Herc’s first friend (They were more than friends)
- Megara: Herc’s wife (She’ll tell you about their marriage)
- Eurystheus: Oversaw Herc’s labours (He never asked for the job)
- His friends, his enemies, his wives, his children, his lovers, his rivals, his gods, his victims
It’s time to hear their stories.
Told with humour and heart, Herc gives voice to the silenced characters, in this feminist, queer (and sometimes shocking) retelling of classic Hercules myth.